Monday, February 13, 2006

Polar Bear Plunge

Let me show you how Minnesotans spend winter time...


Last Saturday, I went to my first Polar Bear Plunge. Well, not my plunge... I just came to watch!

This event was to raise funds for the special olympics. The slogan for the event: "Freezin for a reason." Well, I was freezing while watching them jumped into Lake Superior. It was around 20 F I think. It was amazing watching those people do it. Some of them even jumped in several times... The event was held for 2 hours and there were almost always people jumping in every 5 minutes.

Anyway, Grey's Anatomy is my new fave tv show. Today episode's closing sentence was:

If you know today's your last day in the world, how would you spend it?

I know for sure, I won't be plunging into Lake Superior...

No comments: