Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Merry christmas and happy holidays to all of you readers! Hope you have a good break to get ready for the next year.

Since this year's winter has been really mild, there's no white christmas here. Not even a trace of snow is visible. I'm not crazy for snow or anything. It's just that I felt christmas in the US doesn't feel like a big holiday at all. Especially in a small town like Duluth. When I walked home from the church this evening, I looked around and it's really just the same as any other day. I walked by 2 big hospitals and no extra lighting at all! There's a balcony with christmas light saying "Happy Holidays", not turned on by the way, and that's about it. Sad isn't it. Moreover, no snow... so really doesn't feel like holiday at all.

In the church I feel the christmas spirit a little bit as it is full and some people dressed up. But still not as grand as the celebration back home. I remember one time my friend and I lead the offering procession during christmas, dancing wearing special costumes. And we practiced, seriously for it. Today's mass, the people leading the procession don't even dress up. They just wear jeans and sweater. So boring!

Oh well. One of my dream is to spend christmas in a big city, New York maybe? Stay at a nice hotel. Oh how I wish I'm rich... :P

No comments: