Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dear Diary...

Today I turned twenty four. Not quite a quarter of century yet, but I'm getting there. Life achievement? I don't think I have anything worth mentioning... heck, nothing even comes to mind! I'll be doing an interview with a big time company in two weeks so I guess that's one. I mean, just being considered as a candidate satisfied me already. I just hope I wouldn't screw up so bad. So anyone out there, if you have a slot in your prayer list, I would like to enlist for the spot if that's okay with you. :)

How did today went? I guess not too bad. I didn't tell anyone today's my birthday because for me it's not that special. But then some friends congratulate me and ask if I had any plans. When I told them I would only attend class and then go home, they said, Kasian deh lo! For lack of a better translation, "That's so sad!" And a couple of that triggered my feeling of loneliness and self-pity for the rest of the day. Moreover, I got a nasty paper cut on my left ring finger. That's always a day-wrecker.

But then I got a call from a friend and we chatted a while. Made my day a bit. Then another call from my dear sister Pei made it even better. After my last class, my friend asked if I wanted to have supper together in the cafeteria. So I decided to tell her that it's my birthday and we decided to go out for dinner before coming back to watch a student opera performance on campus. While watching the show, another friend called and left a message. I called him back after I got back home but couldn't get through so I just left him my gratitude for his call. Because by the time I saw him calling, I was already feeling that my birthday wasn't so bad after all. Then, when I got home, my two best friends were online so we chatted and talked about random things. Oh how I miss those gals.

So, even without a plan, I can still have a happy birthday. So have faith, however it is that your day started, don't let it bring you down cause you never know! It might turn out to be a good day after all.

No comments: