Monday, September 25, 2006

Finally, nice weather

In a catholic church mass, there is a part where you offer a sign of peace to the people around you by shaking hands while saying "Peace be with you." Back home, whenever I extend my hand, I received a hand shake. It was always a fun time for me. We had a special song for it and I always had my family to shake my hands with. When I was in St. Cloud it felt a bit lonely because I didn't know anybody there but it's still fine because most of the time, the church is packed with people and we offer each other peace gladly.

Today was different. The church I attend here is never packed. Instead of a choir, there is only 1 lady (always the same lady) singing and 1 person playing organ/piano. During the offering of peace today I turned back and saw a woman standing straight. I extended my hand to her while smiling. She saw it, looked up to me and said peace. I still have my hand extended, hoping she would grab it. But no, she just turned her gaze forward, ignoring me. I was shocked. How could someone attending the church, home of the loving God, be so cold?

Anyway, after 2 days of nonstop raining, today's weather was very nice. I even decided to have a walk around my block after I threw the garbage outside. Hopefully it'll stay this way for a while.

No comments: