Sunday, September 17, 2006

Wonderful Saturday

As I usually just stayed at home on Saturdays, today is a special day. The international club had their annual tour and picnic for the new students to meet up with the returning students. The tour wasn't all that impressive since we went through the same routes as last year. And we didn't even stop on the sites this time so no picture op...

Anyway, the volunteer that drove us was a very nice gentleman. Talks a lot too, which I don't mind because I find it hard to find topics to talk about when I'm not in my comfort zone (i.e. close friends all around). After the tour, we went back to UMD for some foods. The usual burgers and hot dogs, typical American outdoor party foods, vegetarian lasagnas, and several types of currys with the roti pratha (or whatever it is called :P). And, sodas and cookies.

I met with an Indonesian adopted Swedish! Too bad she doesn't speak Indonesian anymore, that would have been nice.

After that I went to watch the students from India played a couple games of cricket. I ended up talking with the girls instead of watching the game though. What can I say, I don't enjoy watching sports that much so talking is definitely better.

By the time I got home and cleaned up, it was already 7 pm. My day's almost up. And it's such a nice feeling thinking, "Hey, I can be social, at least once in a long while... "

No comments: